These Rules and Regulations will apply to each and every exhibitor with a registered stand at the SA Cheese Festival. The registered owner of the stand will be held responsible for ensuring that the person(s) manning the stand (whether staff members or contracted students) are well-informed about these rules.
While it is obligatory to offer free tastings at your stand during the Festival, it is recommended that this be kept under strict control, in your own interest and that of the organisers. The organisers considered a coupon system for tastings, but after consultation with cellars decided not to implement this option. All exhibitors with alcohol on their stands are therefore requested to adhere to the following in the interest of responsible use of alcohol at the 2017 SA Cheese Festival:
- The organisers have a blanket liquor license to cover the event.
- It is illegal to supply samples or sell liquor to persons under the age of 18 (eighteen) years. On each fascia the following wording will appear: “No alcohol will be served to persons under the age of 18 years. Please have your ID readily available.”
- Kindly ascertain that the persons serving at your stand are responsible individuals that will be able to enforce this rule when serving tasters or selling alcohol.
- Any violations of the above will result in the immediate termination of license facilities and the close-down of your stand.
- No promotions on double tasters will be allowed.
Account Name: Agri-Expo
Account Number: 072313382
Bank: Standard Bank
Bank Branch: Helderberg
Branch Code: 033 012
There will be ATMs at the venue. Exhibitors are however reminded to make arrangements regarding sufficient cash floats and transit of large cash amounts if necessary.
DISTRIBUTION OF MATERIAL OR LITERATURE
- Exhibitors are only allowed to display or hand out literature or material from within the boundaries of their stand. This excludes display of banners arranged with the organisers beforehand.
- Vehicles parked at the venue may not be used to display promotional material.
- Promotional material to be handed out with the goodie bags, either paid for or as revenue for a sponsorship, will only be allowed at the sole discretion of the organiser.
Please make sure that you have a representative present during the build-up period for the placement of spotlights (if ordered) and plug points, as there will be an additional charge should you wish to move them.
- Only the official electrical contractor may make final connections to the mains
- The official electrical contractor has the right to ask any exhibitor to disconnect faulty appliances
- Any damage caused by faulty equipment will be charged to the exhibitor.
Please fill out appliance list on the registration form by no later than 20 APRIL 2017
- Please do not exceed the wattage draw-off from the power points you have ordered. This will result in power outages and the organisers will prevent you from connecting these appliances for the duration of the festival
- The use of ripcord for wiring on stands is not permitted
- Socket outlet multi-way adapters are not permitted
- A qualified person should test appliances prior to electrical connection.
A First Aid room, manned by a professional medical team, will be situated next to the organisers’ office on the Dairy Square. Serious emergencies will be taken to hospital, but the organisers will not be liable for any costs incurred. Please report any accidents to the organisers’ office immediately.
The display and use of firearms is not permitted at the exhibition venue. Upon entering the gates, all firearms must be declared to Security.
The organisers, whilst taking every reasonable precaution, expressly decline any responsibility for loss or damage, which may befall the property of an exhibitor through any cause whatsoever.
Exhibitors are advised to contact their insurance companies to negotiate the necessary extra clauses to their existing policies. The organisers are not responsible for the insurance of exhibitors’ goods.
- Property damage / loss and personal injury: Each exhibitor enters the venue at his/her own risk and is responsible for the safety of his/her own staff, property, stand and its contents. We therefore strongly recommend that each exhibitor insures himself/herself against the kinds of risks which may occur in connection with an exhibition for the full period of the Festival, including the build-up and break down periods. Insurance against all or any loss and/or damage which he/she may suffer or liability which he/she may incur with regard to exhibit and display materials, furniture and equipment, personal effects, etc. is recommended. Also remember goods in transit.
- Public liability. The organisers require each exhibitor to hold insurance cover for Public Liability Indemnity and may require evidence that this is in place.
The organisers’ office will be located on the Dairy Square, in convenient reach of all exhibitors (see layout).
- Please note that the telephone and photocopier in the organisers’ office are for the organisers’ use only.
- If exhibitors wish to be contacted during the exhibition, they must use cellular phones.
- The organisers’ office will be open daily during exhibition hours and the organising staff will be there to assist you with any queries or problems you may have.
A full PR and marketing campaign is specifically compiled each tear that focus on the theme of the year. We need as much information as possible regarding your business as well as details of new products that you may be launching at the Festival. Kindly forward any material directly to the Corporate Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The official security contractor appointed to the exhibition is the only security company permitted at the venue. (See Suppliers List).
- The organisers will provide 24-hour security from the beginning of build up until the end of break down.
- Companies wishing to arrange additional security for their specific stands are asked to contact the Security Contractor for a quote. At least 48 hours advance notice is required.
- Use of the official Security Contractor is obligatory.
It must be stressed that neither the organisers nor the security operators at the venue can be held responsible for any loss or damage to exhibitors’ property. Please be vigilant!
The following points should be carefully noted:
- During build-up: The organisers will provide overall security, but not individual stand security. With the large number of people involved during the build-up and break down periods, it is difficult to recognise trespassers so small valuable items should be protected at all times. Insurance cover is essential and also to have someone on your stand at all times.
- During the exhibition period: Exhibition areas will be kept closed overnight and entrance prohibited to all, including exhibitors, from an hour after the festival closes every day until exhibitor access at 08:00 the following morning.
- During break down: With the opening of exhibition areas for dismantling on break down day, security will be present, but it is essential that you remove all portable and valuable items immediately. Please have someone on your stand until all items are removed.
Exhibitors are reminded that the SA Cheese Festival is a non-smoking exhibition. Any enclosed exhibition area, whether of permanent or temporary structure, is strictly non-smoking.
Wines / perishables
- Limited cooling facilities will be available for storing of wines and perishables.
- Stock can be put into storage from Wednesday, 26 April 2017. But the organisers will not accept goods on behalf of exhibitors. (See Deliveries below)
- Please book your space by completing the storage section on the registration form.
- It is advisable that exhibitors have their own refrigerators on their stands.
- The organisers accept no responsibility for the loss, damage or spoiling of wine or perishables. Exhibitors’ own insurance should cover any such loss.
Exhibitors are entitled to purchase corporate tickets @ R100.00 per ticket. This concession is limited to fifteen (15) tickets per company. Please make sure that you complete the ticket requirements on the registration form. Please Note: No corporate tickets will be sold after 10:00 on Friday 28 April 2017.
Exhibitors should arrange for a representative to be on their stand during the build-up period to receive goods and deliveries. As soon as unloading/loading has taken place during the allocated time period, vehicles are to be removed from this area to allow other exhibitors access.
The organisers cannot accept delivery of any goods on behalf of an exhibitor, nor will the organisers accept any responsibility whatsoever for the safety or condition of any items unloaded and/or left on site, in the absence of exhibitors. The organisers cannot accept any responsibility for goods damaged on the exhibition premises.
Empty packaging may not be stored on exhibitors’ stands.
Exhibitors will be responsible for costs incurred through damage to any part of the tent or shell scheme stands or exhibits caused by the transportation of their equipment outside and inside the exhibition area. Any such damage must immediately be reported to the organisers’ office.
Deliveries during the event: Deliveries should be completed half an hour before the start of the event each day. Deliveries cannot take place during the open hours of the Festival. Access will be allowed by way of an exhibitor’s badge. Please ensure that you purchase sufficient badges in order to eliminate unnecessary disturbance and frustration at the point of entry. NO STAFF WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR OFF-LOADING!
Exhibitors and their staff will be required to wear an exhibitor’s badge for access to the venue during the Festival. Each 3 x 3m stand will be issued with six exhibitor’s badges for the duration of the show. Any extra exhibitor’s badges can be ordered at R225 per badge. These badges are for the sole use of exhibitors. Please note that this rule will be strictly enforced.
Exhibitors may access their stands from 08:00 daily before the Festival opens to prepare their stands. The stands must be cleared within an hour of the Festival closure.
Exhibitors and staff should display exhibitor badges at all times (including build-up, festival hours and break down). Exhibitor badges are valid for one entry per day and will be clipped by security at the point of entry. Security may refuse admission to anyone failing to produce an official exhibitor’s badge. Badges will be available for collection at the organisers’ office at Sandringham as from Wednesday, 26 April 2017. See “Stand Registration and Ticket form” for orders.
There will be an Exhibitors’ Breakfast on Saturday, 29 April 2017 from 08:30–09:45. You are invited to this function where the Best Stand Awards will be announced in six categories. This is the organisers’ way of thanking you – please make an effort to attend.
A resting place (next to the organisers’ office) with free coffee and tea will be available for exhibitors to rest their feet. Do make use of this facility.
Exhibitors are requested to have fire extinguishers available at their stands, where possible. The organisers will also have extinguishers placed in strategic places at the venue.
Exhibitors are reminded that all items on hire remain their responsibility until equipment is collected or returned to the relevant companies. The organisers will take no responsibility for goods on behalf of the exhibitor, neither for ensuring their safe return.
PARKING / TRAFFIC CONTROL
There will be various colour coded parking areas at the venue set aside for exhibitors and this will be utilised on a first-come-first-served basis. Access will be granted with the showing of exhibitor parking disks only. Two parking discs will be issued per stand.
The official Security personnel reserves the right to control traffic and to remove illegally parked vehicles which are obstructing access areas or parked in such a way that they impede activities relating to the services provided, or are deemed to be dangerous to the general public. Vehicles that are parked in restricted areas will be removed.
Payment for exhibition stands and additional services is required in advance of the Festival.
- All outstanding balances are due by 31 March 2017 and are to be made payable to Agri-Expo.
- Bank account details are listed in the “GENERAL” section.
Non-refundable deposit: 60% of the booking fee accompanying each stand registration form will be a non-refundable deposit to secure your stand at the Festival. Stands cancelled less than three weeks prior to the event will receive no refund of deposit or booking fee.
Please note: Exhibitors will NOT be allowed onto their stands unless the organisers have received full payment in respect of stands, tickets and extra badges. With regards to the payment of services, please ensure that payment is made to the correct company. Suppliers will not fulfil their orders unless full payment has been received.
Preparation areas will be provided for use by exhibitors to assist in their preparation of products for their stands. These are shared areas – please keep them clean and be considerate. The areas are marked on the layout.
All exhibitors excluding catering stands will be required to have free tasters of their products available to festival goers. Cellars sharing a stand with a restaurant in the Carnival Park must also have free tastings. PLEASE NOTE: No wine sales by the glass will be allowed.
The organisers want all visitors to have a fantastic experience at the Festival. Please make sure that tasters are available for the full duration of the event. This important matter should be managed well so that exhibitors do not run out of products by the last day.
Exhibitors are reminded that their activities, unless otherwise agreed to by the organisers, must remain within the confines of their stands.
- Disposal of soft waste is the responsibility of the organisers.
- Bins will be available for paper and general waste.
- Refuse bags are available on request at the organisers’ office.
- Cleaning will be done daily after closing time. However, for the security of your property, no cleaning will be done by the organisers inside stands. Exhibitors are to ensure that they keep the inside of their stands clean.
- To eliminate any confusion and for security purposes, only rubbish left in the aisle after closing times, will be removed.
To help maintain the high standard of the exhibition, trophies for excellence will be awarded in different categories to stand holders who take up the challenge of marketing themselves and their products in the best possible manner within their means. Floating trophies as well as individual trophies are awarded to winning stands. Both may be exhibited on winning stands during the Festival, but the floating trophies must be returned to the organisers’ office before the close of festival on the last day.
Agri-Expo is a member of EXSA (Exhibition and Event Association of Southern Africa). EXSA’s main objective is to support the industry by:
- protecting the interests of members, exhibitors and show visitors
- expanding the industry’s skills
- promoting the exhibition medium.
Their contact details are tel: 011 805 7272 or website: www.exsa.co.za
MANNING OF STANDS
During the Festival’s official open times all stands must be completely open, exhibits presentable for public viewing and have an adequate number of exhibitor’s staff in attendance. Stands must be manned no later than 15 minutes before the opening time each day. Under no circumstances may any stand or part thereof be closed before closing time. Stands must be fully operational and manned until 18:00 on Sunday 30 April 2017. We kindly request that exhibitors adhere to this request for the benefit of the public.
All registration forms must be completed in full, including Company name, VAT no, address, responsible person and contact number as well as the fascia name to appear on your stand. In addition, it is vital to advise exactly what products will be available on your stand. The organisers will strictly monitor the products sold and no exhibitor may deviate from the stated items. All electrical, storage and ticket/badge requirements must also be completed.
The organisers strongly recommend that exhibitors protect their stands with a night security screen. A safety sail, which closes your stand area during closing hours, is available for hire. (Please see Suppliers List).
No subletting of stands is allowed without the permission of the organisers.